cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Maintaining Windchill QMS People and Places

cmhaka
8-Gravel

Maintaining Windchill QMS People and Places

Hello,

We are currently using Windchill version 11.1 M020-CPS17. The contacts/entities that are in our Windchill QMS People and Places are sourced from another system where they are currently maintained. I receive a weekly report in Excel format with new additions and changes which I maintain in Windchill somewhat manually. For new additions I utilize the Import/Export tool and copy/paste the information into xml files for import. For changes, to maintain a trail of previous addresses I deactivate the current contact and then add a new contact with the same Alternate Identifier and the updated information. The import tool will not allow import of an entity with an Alternate Identifier that already exists in the system. So those need to be fully manually input. Recently the weekly files have grown quite a bit making the process quite time consuming. I’m reaching out to see if others have this issue of trying to maintain the People and Places in Windchill with information from other systems. And if so, how you are approaching it. Thank you in advance for any input.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags