cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Make WC visualization configuration open .pvz files for Creo View by default

tleati
10-Marble

Make WC visualization configuration open .pvz files for Creo View by default

Hello,

I have a problem with the visualization of our .drw files when I open them in Creo View.

- If I open them from Winchill, View shows them in the format .plt but in a quite terrible way as far as fonts are concerned: f.e., fonts are different, phrases overstep title block boxes making them almost unreadable.

- Instead If I open the .drw in Parametric and save it as .pvz and open that .pvz with Creo View (the drw is still displayed as a .plt), the drawing shows up and prints quite well, like in Parametric.

(for this latter way I have these options in config.pro:

• save_display yes
  • save_drawing_picture_file embed
  • save_model_display shading_high

)

I enclose here below a video recording of what I am meaning to make it clearer:

Video Link : 6414

--> Hence I deduce that if opened from Windchill, maybe View does not open a .pvz exactly...maybe an other file format (or does not have the above config.pro settings).

Since for us, especially for those who aren't CAD authors, is very comfortable to open and print the drawings directly from Windchill --> Creo View, I am wondering whether there is a way to set up Windchill configurations so as to make it feed Creo View with the format .pvz (so that users can view and print it properly)...or even any workaround to this purpose, if not.

Versions:

Windchill 10.2 M020

View: Lite 3.0 M020 build 23

Parametric 2.0 M110

thanks

bye

3 REPLIES 3
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:tleati)

Tommaso Leati‌,

The problem isn't .plt vs. .pvz.  In fact, the .pvz is simply a zip file and one of the things it contains is the .plt.  The problem is that you don't have your publisher (cad worker) configured the same was as your normal cad workstation.  You need to install the same fonts (if you've added any), have a similar config.pro file, use pen tables, plotter config files, etc.  You also need to configure a HPGL plotter driver so that Creo will correctly apply your pen tables to the .plt file during publishing.  This is explained in the Creo Adapters guide.  While you can't have TrueType fonts in a HPGL (plot file), stroking the fonts will yield something that under normal circumstances should be virtually identical.

https://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/156045/en/MCADAdaptersInstallConfigGuide.pdf

From page 250:

page250.PNG

tleati
10-Marble
(To:TomU)

Hi Tom,

thank you for your reply. I tried the change you suggested at page 250 of the document, unfortunately did't work. I think maybe at this point it is really a problem of configuration of my publisherm, with fonts, pentables, plotter config....etc. As I suppose it is a terribly long and delicate work, I will contact my distributor to set up all of this and then give some updates here on how it will go.

thanks

bye bye

tleati
10-Marble
(To:TomU)

Hi Tom,

I contacted my distributor and indeed we realized it was due to the fact that the font folder pointed by the worker was different from the one on the client machine, as well as pentables. So it has been just a matter of making them identical and set the config.pro option pen_table_file pointing the new file. Also, it was possible to edit the publishing format by using the Recipe editor of the worker machine (that is different from the client's, and that in fact was the cause of the ineffectiveness of previous Rcpedit modifications).

thanks for your support,

bye bye

Tommaso

Top Tags