cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Manually Changing Part Version?

starterjoker
3-Visitor

Manually Changing Part Version?

I've created a number of parts, and realized I don't include a version number (so it entered the default ###.1). Is it possible to change this property, or will I need to delete then remake the parts?

Thanks for the help

5 REPLIES 5

More information!!!

Are you using a PDM system or native filing?

Is the version part of your file name?

Hi, thanks for the help and sorry I wasn't very descriptive (+ prob can't be as descriptive as you'd like). Very new to using windchill (probably obviously).

We are using a PDM system. It's not in the actual name of the part, but when you go to view more part information in windchill it's listed as "blah blah blah, manufacturer ID, ###.1". When entering the manufacturing part into windchill, it asks for part attributes, with one of the mandatory ones being version number.

I know it's possible to change the name of the part in windchill, but can't find any information on changing the revision.

This is my OOTB Windchill detail page for a document. The Version is listed as A, which is the system default using the OOTB versioning tables. Do you see that as #### or some alphanumeric character?

Our default is ###.

To change the version, you need to do a revise on the part file. This will pick up the next version in sequence in the versioning file.

Top Tags