cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Mapping lifecycle in xconf for create WTPart utility

MattPat
12-Amethyst

Mapping lifecycle in xconf for create WTPart utility

Hi,

When I try to create WTPart using Windchill Part Creation Utility I got an error:

>>> Choose an option: 3
wt.util.WTException: LifeCycle state "CAD Data Management.INWORK" mapping is not found in lifecyclemap.properties.xconf file. Please make the entry and propagate it.

I compare lifecyclemap.properties with another machine where utility works fine and I can't find the difference.

Properties.xconf file looks like this:

<Property default="Basic" name="Basic"/>
<Property default="Basic.INWORK" name="Basic.INWORK"/>
<Property default="Basic.RELEASED" name="Basic.RELEASED"/>
<Property default="Basic.CANCELLED" name="Basic.CANCELLED"/>

<Property default="Review" name="Review"/>
<Property default="Review.INWORK" name="Review.INWORK"/>
<Property default="Review.UNDERREVIEW" name="Review.UNDERREVIEW"/>
<Property default="Review.CANCELLED" name="Review.CANCELLED"/>
<Property default="Review.COMPLETED" name="Review.COMPLETED"/>

<Property default="Release" name="Release"/>
<Property default="Release.INWORK" name="Release.INWORK"/>
<Property default="Release.UNDERREVIEW" name="Release.UNDERREVIEW"/>
<Property default="Release.RELEASED" name="Release.RELEASED"/>
<Property default="Release.REWORK" name="Release.REWORK"/>
<Property default="Release.REJECTED" name="Release.REJECTED"/>
<Property default="Release.CANCELLED" name="Release.CANCELLED"/>

<Property default="One Phase Development" name="One Phase Development"/>
<Property default="One Phase Development.DESIGN" name="One Phase Development.DESIGN"/>
<Property default="One Phase Development.PROTOTYPE" name="One Phase Development.PROTOTYPE"/>
<Property default="One Phase Development.RELEASED" name="One Phase Development.RELEASED"/>
<Property default="One Phase Development.OBSOLESCENCE" name="One Phase Development.OBSOLESCENCE"/>
<Property default="One Phase Development.UNDERREVIEW" name="One Phase Development.UNDERREVIEW"/>

Can someone help me with setup this property? I just want to create WTpart for CAD .prt and .asm

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @MattPat 

I guess that the error shows a missing definition of LC CAD Data Management in the file.

So insert all necessary lifecycle states to the file of the Lifecycle template

<Property default="CAD Data Management" name="CAD Data Management"/>
<Property default="CAD Data Management.INWORK" name="CAD Data Management.INWORK"/>
<Property default="CAD Data Management.RELEASED" name="CAD Data Management.RELEASED"/>
<Property default="CAD Data Management.CANCELLED" name="CAD Data Management.CANCELLED"/>

Hope this can help.

PetrH

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:MattPat)

Article - "How to use the lifecyclemap.properties with Part Creation Utility in Windchill 10": https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS74434 

MattPat
12-Amethyst
(To:VladimirN)

@VladimirN thanks, but can I add this without using xconfmanager? 

In xconf file:

WARNING: Do not modify this file after it has been installed.  Use xconfmanager to set, reset, or undefine properties for your installation 
This file contains redefined mappings for Basic, Review, and Release life cycles.

Do you know the correct command to add a new property to this file with xconfmanager? 

Thanks in advance 

Hi @MattPat 

I guess that the error shows a missing definition of LC CAD Data Management in the file.

So insert all necessary lifecycle states to the file of the Lifecycle template

<Property default="CAD Data Management" name="CAD Data Management"/>
<Property default="CAD Data Management.INWORK" name="CAD Data Management.INWORK"/>
<Property default="CAD Data Management.RELEASED" name="CAD Data Management.RELEASED"/>
<Property default="CAD Data Management.CANCELLED" name="CAD Data Management.CANCELLED"/>

Hope this can help.

PetrH

thanks! that works! 

Top Tags