cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

MethodServer fails to start with error "Failure to start manager wt.index.StandardIndexPolicyManager"

flemoine
3-Visitor

MethodServer fails to start with error "Failure to start manager wt.index.StandardIndexPolicyManager"

Hi guys,

When I try to start Windchill services, I get this error in MethodServer logs:

ERROR [main] wt.method.server.startup.services  - Failure to start manager wt.index.StandardIndexPolicyManager

wt.services.ManagerException: Couldn't initialize Index manager.

Nested exception is: wt.util.WTException: java.lang.NullPointerException

Nested exception is: java.lang.NullPointerException

At the same time, I get this error in BackgroundMethodServer logs:

ERROR [main] wt.method.server.startup.services  - Failure to start manager wt.index.StandardIndexPolicyManager

wt.services.ManagerException: Couldn't initialize Index manager.

Nested exception is: wt.pom.ObjectLockedException: The Repository -  object is already locked in the database.

Nested exception is: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00054: resource busy and acquire with NOWAIT specified or timeout expired

I opened a case to tech support but they don't seem to be able to help me. So, I come to you today and I REALLY hope that you can help me.

For information, we made a rehost from another Windchill server (database + LDAP people node) and we cannot start Windchill since this time.

Thank you all.

Regards,

Florent

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Florent,

It looks like that Repository table is locked by another session. Did you verify whether you have the right values for database properties in Windchill/db/db.properties? specifically wt.pom.dbUser, dbHost, dbService?

Regards

Binesh

Hi,

yes, all the database values are correctly set.

I already asked my db admin to restart the database but the problem is still here. I deactivated the background methoserver but it still fails to start with the same error in the logs.

Top Tags