cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Model Structure Report - Level Attribute

towen
1-Newbie

Model Structure Report - Level Attribute

Hello,

I am currently trying to create a report using the Query Builder that outputs EPM Documents and the "Level" that they occur in Assemblies. The "Level" I am referring to is shown when viewing the "Multi Level Report" page found from the "Structure" tab on a typical information page for a CAD Document.

The Report will eventually output a list of EPM Documents and the "Level" of that EPM Document in each of the assemblies it is present in... if possible!

I'm working on Windchill 9.1.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your time,

Tris

4 REPLIES 4
GregoryPERASSO
14-Alexandrite
(To:towen)

Hello

unfortunately , no possibility to export level by querybuilder.

QueryBuilder is not able to work recursively in multilevel structure ...

especially in 9.1. in 10 there's new capabilities in QueryBuilder. But not test it yet ...

Hi Gregory,

Thanks for your reply, after looking into it further myself I was expecting your answer, but it's good to know for definite.

Do you know of any alternatives for a similar result? I have been looking at the EPM Document Uses table, possibly creating a report to output something similar to:

Column 1Column 2Column 3
Assembly1Assembly2Part1
Assembly1Assembly2Part2
Assembly1Assembly3Part3
Assembly1Assembly3Part4
Assembly4Assembly5Part5
Assembly4Assembly5Part6
Assembly4Part7NA

The above table would link two "EPM Document Uses" tables (together with EPM Document and EPM Document Master). However, I am struggling - still new to Query Builder - to get the Outer Joins correct so Column 3 does not always have to contain an EPM Document.

Thanks again for your time,

Tris

GregoryPERASSO
14-Alexandrite
(To:towen)

I'm not sure if you're able to do that ...

Try to find if it is possible in classic SQL. If not , you will not be able to do that , as QueryBuilder is a "Windchill Graphic SQL " requester ...

In Windchill, navigating structures is easyer by java code ...

Okay thank you, I'll try and build the query in SQL first to see if it is possible.

Is there any information available for navigating structures with java code?

Thanks,

Top Tags