cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Model Unit Effectivity

janis_king
9-Granite

Model Unit Effectivity

We are looking into implementing the business process of Model Unit Effecitivty and were wondering how many other companies are using Model Unit Effectivity in their business process and how they are accomplishing it ( Do you do MUE in Windchill, ERP tool, etc).

Also, what is your definition of MUE - we have a debate within the company on what MUE means.

What is the industry standard for MUE?

Thoughts?

Janis King

2 REPLIES 2

Currently we are looking at MUE = Assigning configuration to a specific unit or unit range(s), independant of date, of a specific product model....

Thoughts? We are looking at wanting to visit, discuss with other companies... Anyone???

Hi

we use it in my previous company. (Turbomeca - Safran Group - Helicopters Gaz turbines)

for me, Unit effectivity refers to Configuration management

norm ISO-10001 try to define "Configuration mnagament framework". There's should be lot of other standards coming from EU or US Aerospace & Defence industry.

One of the main point , is to identify the "Configuration Items* , ie the "deep" of track and trace that you want of your product BOM.

My thought:  The only way to correctly manage it today is to use effectivities on any kind of BOMs in both systems  (PLM and ERP):

-Engineering BOM and related CAD DMU.

-Manufacturing BOMs (as planned and as built)

-Service BOMs

regards

Top Tags