cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Model Year Implementation - Multi CR implementation with one CN

vsalantry
2-Guest

Model Year Implementation - Multi CR implementation with one CN

In case of model year implemetation, wherein multiple change requests are implemented at once with one Change Notice; Is there a way to select required CRs (multiple selection) and create a Change Notice on it? The affected data, viz. Affected Objects, attachments from all 3 CRs should be transferred automatically to the Change Notice and when needed the Affected Objects could be recalled in the Change Task.

I have tried to put a small example below:

I want to create a Change Notice for CR1, 2 & 4. If I follow the way shown in the picture below, the sytem creates an individual change object - a CN - and is not linked to any of the selected CRs. The only way I know for group implementation is to create a CN on one of the CRs, say CR1 and then link reamining CRs as associated objects but this way I am able to propogate data (Affected Objects, Attachment) only from CR1 and not from CR2 and CR4.

2 REPLIES 2

Hi

We have done similar Customizations when I was at GS. the idea is as follow:

Create a specific Change Notice type.

Create a specific workflow for your specific change Notice type

Configure your workflow to navigate links to any CR and create the Change Notice Tasks as you expect by propagating data using WF robots.

Regarding the CN->CR Link automation the only solution I see is to create a specific ActionFormProcessor that extends the OOTB behavior and create the other links (I think I have such code in my wallet ... ) .

The idea of course is to stick as much as possible to OOTB, a specific action with custom code could fulfill the same need.

Regards,

Thank you for the information. I will certainly try to implement this but as you mentioned, it is always better to stick to OOTB and customizing OOTB to get this functionality would be a helpful Product Improvement Idea.

Could you please provide me an example as in how your code / concept works?

Regards

Top Tags