cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Models are converting read only files after checkin in workspace

AS_11081239
4-Participant

Models are converting read only files after checkin in workspace

Hello community,
Here in 12.1.1.0 Windchill workgroup manager.
 there is some model, that is saved in local computer. I opened that model in SolidWorks. It is completely savable file. SolidWorks have PTC Windchill tab, I used "Save to workspace" option to save in workspace. the file was saved and i did checked in to Library container.
After checking in, I again checkout and open in SolidWorks, i see filename (read only) on SolidWorks window. when I am saving. it is not saving into workspace, and it is giving " this file is read only".
I checked my access; I am having full control access on all the objects in library.
I need to what is the root cause, why the files are changed to read only?
Is there any preference for this cause?

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @AS_11081239 

If you checkin the CAD Document first time, then the file name, name, number, have to be changed in the Commonspace by rename function.

You can not change it in the CAD software.

It is common behavior and I am sure it can not be changed.

If you changed the filename in CAD sw, then it would become new object after save to the workspace.

Petrh.

Hi @HelesicPetr ,

I am not using first time, 
here issue is not about rename, when after save, solidworks prompting "This file is read only" error. 

that to only i saved to workspace folder. i use save as > given other local folder > the file is saving.

only in workspace folder, it is not saving.
Is there any preferences causing this issue?

Hi @AS_11081239 

I really don't know what issue you are describing. 

Try to explain it more deeply, use a screenshots to describe your situation. 

PetrH

Article - CS169112 - Windchill WorkGroup Manager for SolidWorks:Toolbox part cannot be saved in SolidWorks even if it is checked out. (ptc.com)
this type of CAD, I am trying to Save.
i tried some workarounds. Save in other folders and importing to workspace. (working).
but some same type files are directly saving in workspace. that is where i am confusing.
As Per PTC article, not possible to direct save but some are working.

Top Tags