cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Modify Identity Permission

wfalco
15-Moonstone

Modify Identity Permission

Greetings,

I can't rename an instance. See attached. The generic and instance do not appear to be checked out. There are variations on versions within the table. Some may be -.2 and some b.7 for example in the same table. Someone had released certain instances at certain times. But new revisions were made. I don't know what Modify Identity Permission is.

Help,

Thanks

Wayne

4 REPLIES 4
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:wfalco)

Modify Identity Permission is an ACL right that you do not have for that file.

In the folder view of your file, highlight the file line and right click. A long pop-up will appear and at the bottom is Edit Access Control. The table that opens will show you who has what permissions to modify your file.

You may need to get your system admin involved to resolve the issue.

As a word of caution...Treat a family table as a single entity. Release and modify ALL instances and the generic together. If you do a backup to disk of a generic and its instances, you will only have 1 file on disk. It is a single file, so treat it as such!

wfalco
15-Moonstone
(To:BenLoosli)

Ben,

I will bring this up to our system admins.

Yes I agree the table should be handled together. However, we had a user promote things and looks like it's all over the place. There are .-2's and B.4's for example. The user promoted the design. But I really don't think we needed to add the hardware? I assume it could have been ommited in the promotion? But ther are arguements I am sure to do everything in the design I suppose.

In the mean time, instead of renaming, I added additional generics to the table that get me what I need for the time being.

Thanks once again Ben!

Wayne

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:wfalco)

I put all of our hardware family tables in a Library, not a product folder. You can then tell Creo to open all Library files as read-only, but allow regen on read-only objects, so users cannot check-out and modify the standard family tables.

wfalco
15-Moonstone
(To:BenLoosli)

I would do the same. However - we are just not that organized here. 

It's an odd siutation we have going on here anyway. We are creating tables and finalizing designs at the same time.

Top Tags