cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Modify end states in Windchill 10.2

jhall2
6-Contributor

Modify end states in Windchill 10.2

Hello All,

We are currently in process of upgrading out customized version of Windchill 9.1 to 10.2. We are wanting much less customization in 10.2 than we had with 9.1 due to problems we had with the old system.

My question is. we want the lifecycle states listed below, and aren't seeing them in the out of the box literature we have seen so far. Are they easily configured or do they take custom code to create?

Thanks! - James Hall

Lifecycle states we have now:

In Work - Under Review - Rework - Reviewed - Approved - Prototype - Released - Superceded - Inactive - Obsolete

3 REPLIES 3
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:jhall2)

It's actually a very simple procedure to create new States and make them available - but it's buried pretty deep in the 1500 page custoimization guide.

Can find by searching PTC support for Case Solutions. There may be several.

here is one: CS42231

jhall2
6-Contributor
(To:MikeLockwood)

Thanks Mike, that sure makes me feel better!

James

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:jhall2)

By the way - the State display name can be anything but the KEY NAME should be ALL CAPS and NOSPACES (not strictly followed by PTC. Some trouble if you ever use Java code to refer to the state (like branch on a state or prevent something).

Can tell if the rebuild is successful by starting a new lifecycle template and seeing if the new state is available to select.

I think it's still true that states are not listed alphabetically so look near the bottom of the list.

Top Tags