cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Modifying a Versioning Scheme

pcnelson
1-Newbie

Modifying a Versioning Scheme

When our Windchill (10.0) system was initially set up apparently there were concessions made to accommodate legacy data that did not confirm to ASME Y14.35M; Specifically, revisions existed at S, X, and Z. My first question is where to see these exceptions.I have looked in the OIR’s at the Site level for Documents and EPM Documents and several others but they all look rather generic and I haven’t seen anything that appears to be customization to exclude, for instance, I, O, and Q. The second question is regarding modifying the existing scheme to add the previously excluded letters to meet the Y14.35M standard. Is there a way to preserve the existing offending objects while bringing us into compliance? I found an article “Accommodating Legacy Characters in an Alphabetic Scheme” that explains adding a property to skip characters when creating a new revision label.Would this be what I need? Thanks for any guidance.

2 REPLIES 2
rey
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:pcnelson)

Pete,

Open a windchill shell and run the following to write it to a file. You need administrative login. The xml file should have <value legacy="true">S</value> if S is being treated as legacy.

windchill wt.series.LoadFileBasedSeries versionfile.xml -read

Rey
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:pcnelson)

Top Tags