cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Multi Master Replication in Windchill 10.x

rkayasth
6-Contributor

Multi Master Replication in Windchill 10.x

Is it possible to have multi masters in WIndchill? To explain, I have uploaded the following file:Multimaster replication.PNG

Experts, please pitch in......

10 REPLIES 10
rkayasth
6-Contributor
(To:rkayasth)

Ok, I am guessing that the people either are not interested in this scenario, for known and unknown reasons.

Just an update, I am almost 50% thru in achieving this..will keep this post updated with the successes / failures.

SDTE
1-Newbie

Yes, this is possible. I have seen this implemented in 9.1 itself.

I am interested in hearing more about how this was accomplished.

This is known as remote mastering. There is a technical brief that discusses this on the PTC website. You are introduced to predictive replication, user initiated replication, remote masters via domains to dictate what content is mastered remotely. The files are only cached on other remote masters wherever they are used. If the file is never downloaded by a user whose preference for remote file server does not have the file, the file never goes there unless you force it.

This started being available in 9.1.

rkayasth
6-Contributor
(To:ptc-3143537)

Hello David,

Can you point to the correct PTC document, which explains this steps?

Or if you have already tried this, do you a document you can share, so that I dont reinvent the wheel?

Thanks,

Ravin

rkayasth
6-Contributor

Sameer, David,

Does it mean that the scenario in the above snap is already in place / or is possible using PTC's tools?

rgds,

Ravin

Hi Ravin,

Did you manage to achieve the above fest? Could you please explain the tricks and how-to about the mentione situation?

Thanks,

Chris

SDTE
1-Newbie

Yes Ravin. This scenario is already in place with 9.1 M060 and indeed possible with PTC tools.

rkayasth
6-Contributor
(To:SDTE)

Hello Sameer,

Can you point to the correct PTC document, which explains this steps?

Or if you have already tried this, do you a document you can share, so that I dont reinvent the wheel?

Thanks,

Ravin

Hello, Ravin,

There is a replication planning technical brief, created by the EDC, that you might find helpful:

http://www.ptc.com/WCMS/files/123336/en/WindchillVaultReplication.pdf

Regards,

Jane

Jane Zupfer
VP, Windchill Publications
T 763.957.8299 E -

Top Tags