Customer has an environment configured with local file servers in multiple locations and one Master File server in Germany. They performed the following test:
1. Set user vaulting preference to AUS FileServer
2. Create a new Creo .prt, upload, and checkin
3. Delete the Workspace + cleanup local Workspace cache
4. Change user vaulting preference to SA FileServer
5. Create a new Workspace, add the .prt, and retrieve it within Creo THE CAD MODEL WAS SUCCESSFULLY RETRIEVED
6. Change the .prt, upload, and checkin
7. Delete the Workspace + cleanup local Workspace cache
8. Change vaulting preference back to AUS FileServer
9. Create a new Workspace, add the .prt, and retrieve it within Creo WE REPRODUCED THE DESCIBED ISSUE: THE MODEL COULD NOT BE RETRIEVED
10. Delete the Workspace + cleanup local Workspace cache (just for safe, as the file wasn’t downloaded
11. Change vaulting preference to the Master server
12. Create a new Workspace, add the .prt, and retrieve it within Creo THE CAD MODEL WAS SUCCESSFULLY RETRIEVED
13. Repeat steps 7 to 10 THIS TIME THE CAD MODEL WAS SUCCESSFULLY RETRIEVED EVEN AS AN AUS USER
In this scenario they noticed that the file was not retrived when changing back from SA File Server to AUS File
We want to confirm the following information :
- In the described scenario (content file in local upload cache not yet synchronized to the Master), is it expected that download from a different local vault doesn’t force synchronization ?
- Is it expected that synchronization is forced when downloading from Master ?
- Is any preference / property available to change this ? Does the proximity list play a role ?
If the file hasn't synchronized yet, then I think it's pulled directly from the remote file server where it was originally checked in. Until synchronization takes place, it should only exist on those file servers where users have requested it. Is the AUS remote file server able to communicate with the SA remote file server (so it can pull content from SA back to itself)?
First of all thank you for your reply and answer. I'm communicating this to customer and I'm still waiting on his feedback. I'll let you now when I have his feedback.