cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Navigator tab model for individual object

VasiliyRepecki
1-Newbie

Navigator tab model for individual object

Hi.

I want to create naviagator tab model for my individual object.

I created MyObject.class and some UI components as described in "Getting Started With Windchill Customization" chapter.

I created first and second level actions for Navigator Browse Tab as described here (actions refer to MyObject class).

I created MyObject instance (through previously created ui components) and expected to see structure (in Browse) same as for Products (list of products with second level list of actions for each product).

http://www.ptc.com/cs/help/windchill_hc/wc101_hc/graphics/WCCG_AddTabs1.png

But all i see is only list of second level actions. I have no MyObject instance at GOLF_CART place.

Is it possible to do?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Yes Vasiliy , It is possible to do that, You just have to define the tab structure in Custom-Action.xml properly.

• Define command like this and then

<command class="netmarkets" method="servlet/Navigation?tab='tab_id" windowType="page"/>

Define sub tabs as above, method name should be trailed by 'tab='tab_id' for each sub tab action.

• And in Custom-Action-Model.xml define navigation structure like

<model name="tab-id navigation" >

<description>Sub tabs under main tab</description>

<!-- <action name="" type=" "/> -->

<action name="" type=" "/>

<action name=" " type=" "/>

</model>

• Make sure you are defining the entries in RBInfo file and doing resource build after these changes.

TZ
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:KanifG)

You can simple using tag<lable>dispaly label</label> .

<model name="tab-id navigation" >

<lable>dispaly label</label>

<description>Sub tabs under main tab</description>

<!-- <action name="" type=" "/> -->

<action name=" " type=" "/>

</model>

In that case, I have no list of recently visited objects. I can see only one list of actions regardless of MyObject instances.

Top Tags