cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Need Date in Task Table

MtnDog
7-Bedrock

Need Date in Task Table

Can anyone explain how to get a Change Activity Task's 'Need Date' to display in My Task table?  Only Deadline is available.  It's not a column option in the Customize Table menu.  Need date is important for the assignee to prioritize work, and... know when the task is due as the field would indicate.

ProjectLink Plan Activities 'Estimated Date' appear, and that is great for the assignee to know when it's needed.  Although I'd prefer to have similar nomenclature for need by date for all windchill Tasks, but I'll take it.

Or provide some feedback as to how you deal with it (workaround, or notifying assignee when work is needed), and or why it's not available so I can take some satisfaction in a rational.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JeffZemsky
17-Peridot
(To:MtnDog)

As long as you are on Windchill 10.1 M040 or later you can use the technique outlined here (actually this is the exact example - Need Date)

Mapping PBO attributes to Task Activities

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JeffZemsky
17-Peridot
(To:MtnDog)

As long as you are on Windchill 10.1 M040 or later you can use the technique outlined here (actually this is the exact example - Need Date)

Mapping PBO attributes to Task Activities

Jeff,  thank you for posting this information.   I followed the instructions and added the Need Date to the My Tasks table.  Pretty quick and slick!   We had been wondering on how to do this very thing off and on for a while now.

Guess I can cross that one off my list.

-marc

Thanks Jeff.  That did it, and we already have it in production.  Thanks again.

Top Tags