cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Need Help Locating ACL Configuration in Windchill

PK_10753886
6-Contributor

Need Help Locating ACL Configuration in Windchill

Hello PTC Community,

I hope you're all doing well. I am currently working on an assignment related to Windchill, specifically focusing on studying and documenting ACL (Access Control List) configurations for WT Parts and CAD Documents. However, I'm having difficulty locating and accessing the ACL configuration settings within Windchill. I would greatly appreciate any guidance or insights from experienced Windchill users in this community.

Here are the specific details I'm looking for:

1. How do I access the ACL configuration settings for WT Parts and CAD Documents in Windchill?
2. Are there any technical steps I should follow to access these settings?
3. Once I'm in the ACL configuration, what information should I document about each ACL, including ACEs (Access Control Entries)?

If anyone can provide step-by-step instructions or screenshots of the process, it would be incredibly helpful. Your expertise and guidance will contribute significantly to the successful completion of my assignment.

Thank you in advance for your assistance, and I look forward to your valuable insights.

Best regards,
Prasanna Kumar TS

6 REPLIES 6
rleir
17-Peridot
(To:PK_10753886)

Without going into the details, you will want to look at Roles in Windchill. 

Also you will want to create Groups of Users, and assign Roles to the Groups or vice versa.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

ACL definitions and assignments are under System/Utilities - Policy Administration.

Assign users to roles and groups is very important.

The application of ACLs also requires a knowledge of Lifecycles and workflows.

PK_10753886
6-Contributor
(To:BenLoosli)

if i want to see the ACL for WT Part & CAD documents for the organization in policy administration, what should I view? Is that Default/Private/User?

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Do you want to see the ACL for a particular document or just the general ACLs?

We define the ACLs at the Context level.

In my case for the general level in Utilities-Policy Administration, it is Default/PDM/Default.

For an individual file, Detail page, Actions, Edit Access Control.

PK_10753886
6-Contributor
(To:BenLoosli)

I need to see ACL for the WT Parts & CAD documents in Org Level. Then Default is the one i need to choose right?

Hi @PK_10753886 

First you should know How ACLs Work

For documentation I would advice you to try WINDU task Domain Policy Rule Report to get all ACLs from your system, and you can process the output to excel

It is good overview what ACL and where are defined. 

HelesicPetr_0-1694762496025.png

HelesicPetr_1-1694762620430.png

PetrH

Top Tags