cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Need quick guidance for updating the WC 13.0.0.0 to WC 13.0.2.0

Pratik_More
8-Gravel

Need quick guidance for updating the WC 13.0.0.0 to WC 13.0.2.0

Hi expert,

I am working on the updating the WC 13.0.0.0 to WC 13.0.2.0 I have below few questions-

1.Instead of MOR WC 13.0.2.0 Can I directly go for the WC 13.0.2.1 Critical release? is this possible?Or we need to install first MOR 13.0.2.0 first and then install critical release Patch WC 13.0.2.1?

2. Can we keep old CD images and new images at same staging location? what's the best practice followed in industry?  

4 REPLIES 4
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:Pratik_More)

Yes, you can go directly to any MOR of 13.0.2. Just make sure you apply the CPS to your target system before the upgrade. Either order will work but its easier if you do it first. 

Yes, you can keep them in the same staging location. The PSI for the MOR is contained within it so you would run the CPS update using that PSI.

Hi avillanueva,

Thanks for the reply, just want to reconfirm the order...please correct me if my understanding is different 

1.Install CPR WC 13.0.2.1 first.

2.Install MOR WC 13.0.2.0 post step 1?

I am bit confused which PSI to launch?  I mean if I will be installing the CPR first then I will launch the PSI from CPR package, but what about the second step there is separate PSI package available for WC13.0.2.0 so Which PSI I should be launching....

Sorry for asking the question again but i just want to clear my confusion. 

Hi @Pratik_More 

If you upgrade the system, then install ne newest one with the latest CPS. 

so you install directly CPS01 so 13.0.2.1 you just need to have some install packages from 13.0.2.0 

PetrH

Hi @Pratik_More,

I wanted to see if you got the help you needed.

If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. It will help other members who may have the same question.
Please note that industry experts also review the replies and may eventually accept one of them as solution on your behalf.

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please pursue the conversation.

Thanks,

Catalina
PTC Community Moderator
Announcements

Top Tags