cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

New CN to CR Closure Flow 11.2

BrianToussaint
19-Tanzanite

New CN to CR Closure Flow 11.2

Since I didn't go to 11.1, I cannot say for sure, but I'm thinking this is new to 11.2.  There is a massive change to the way that a Change Requests (CR) get closed when a Change Notice (CN) closes that it references.  For the old code no longer a closes CRs when a CN finalizes.  So far I have found that the code in the Synch Robot has changed quite a bit.  Also there is a new variable in the CR workflow called handlesClosure.  It isn't used in the code.  Does anyone know what all was added to the OOTB CR workflow and or CN workflow that I need to add to my custom CR and CN workflow?  I do have a call open, but haven't heard from anyone in 4 days.

5 REPLIES 5

@BrianToussaint  - did you convert your Changes to the new Flexible Change Association or have you been on it since 11?  This change came in 11.0 with the new Change Associations.

There is a section in Help that covers this

Change Workflow Closure

@JeffZemsky - I do not remember changing anything when I went from 10.2 to 11.0 a few years ago.  It seems that all the 11.0 items that are associated are fine, but all the 11.0 to 11.2 or within 11.2 are what is messed up.  So I think that I didn't change to the new way.  So I'm thinking I should follow those instructions in my test environment and see if that fixes it.  Is there anything other than that or the page it links to that I need to do?

@BrianToussaint  I forget the 11.0 default off the top of my head, but the 11.1 and onward default is to use the Flexible mode.  It sounds like you did not make the transition to Flexible mode. (And you should make this transition - we have not hard enforced it yet, but are looking at making the 12.0.x the last release one can be using the Legacy links.

@JeffZemsky - I will start looking at that in 11.2.  That could explain why when I have a CN from either 11.0 or 11.2, that I cannot see a CR from the other version when I am trying to add a CR to the CN.  I do have a call open about that though too.

I'm wondering if my CRs having issues closing is something else though.  As I just had one close that was completely done in 11.2. The user had to do their task after the CN closed so the sync didn't come into play until after the CN was already closed.  The others all have sync issues when you go to the Process Manager it is yellow having sync issues.  I can complete the task it is stuck on and it will close.  This only started with 11.2.  This is my original call.

FYI, there is this knowledge article as well, which is heavily referenced with the legacy to newer change mode/model.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS263793

When one moves to 11.0, the default depends on how you move to 11.0.

Mixed mode, for a new install.

Legacy mode, if you upgraded from a prior Windchill installation where legacy was already being used.

When you moved to 11.2, you would have moved to Mixed mode.  Where both legacy and newer flexible change objects reside in the system, but they can't see each other, from a process perspective.  You can link them via associated reference objects relationships, but not the process relationships.

See the "workarounds" in the article I referenced, for go-forward options, but ultimately, yes, you should move towards the new "Flexible" change model.

Converting to "Flexible" change model, sometimes leaves some legacy objects behind (unconverted), due to "readiness delegate"s.  Most of the time, it's because there are "still running legacy workflows".  It's usually best to just let those complete on their own.  I'm only mentioning that, because usually customer's log a Support case after they try converting, saying "How come these objects didn't convert". 

Top Tags