cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

New user

JoseVidal
1-Newbie

New user

Hello all, I am responsible to install ProductPoint on our company. We will start testing it on one computer first and then we will gradually propagate its use to everyone. So, my question is quite simple: Where do I start? I have absolutely no experience with any of the data management softwares from PTC or any other vendor, and I find myself without knowing where to start. Any help/tutorials/demos, etc. that could help me setup ProductPoint would be greatly appreciated. Best regards, JVidal
6 REPLIES 6
BenDuquette
4-Participant
(To:JoseVidal)

Hi Jose, I would start by looking over PTC's documentation, which is quite thorough. It can be found at the following link: http://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/doc/refdoc.jsp?p=browse_results&Product=Windchill+ProductPoint&Release=&DocType=&Role= The most helpful one will probably be the Windchill ProductPoint Installation and Administrator's Guide. It will walk you through the majority of the steps involved with getting Microsoft SQL, SharePoint, and ProductPoint up and running. Once you get to that point, the other documentation, ProductPoint help center, etc., will provide more in-depth information. Sincerely, Ben Duquette Application Engineer TriStar, Inc.

Hi Ben, Thanks for the reply. The link you gave me is very useful. One question: I cannot find the ProductPoint setup files. Do you know where can I download it? Thanks in advance!
BenDuquette
4-Participant

Jose, You can download the necessary software straight from the PTC website (or have CDs shipped to you if you so please). http://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/software_update/swupdate.jsp Sincerely, Ben Duquette Application Engineer TriStar, Inc.

Hello Ben, I have searched the PTC website before and I was not able to find the files. I've searched all sections (ProE, Intralink, ProductView...) and did not found any reference to ProductPoint. Thanks again. Best regards! JVidal
BenDuquette
4-Participant

Hi Jose, From the Order or Download Software Updates page, you should see the option for "WINDCHILL PRODUCTPOINT" in the drop-down menu. If not, check with PTC license management to make sure that the software you have purchased is available to you. To get to that page, follow these steps: 1. Navigate to http://www.ptc.com 2. Select the Support tab on the top toolbar 3. Select Order or Download Software Updates (roughly in the middle of the screen) 4. Select Order or Download Software Updates again 5. Select WINDCHILL PRODUCTPOINT in the drop-down menu Sincerely, Ben Duquette Application Engineer TriStar, Inc.

Hi Ben, Thanks for your replies. I do not have Windchill on the drop down menu. I'll check with PTC. Thanks for the help. Best regards! JVidal
Top Tags