cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

No EnumeratedType exists with "IN DEVELOPMENT"/Unable check out workflow or save cad to test sever?

danders238
13-Aquamarine

No EnumeratedType exists with "IN DEVELOPMENT"/Unable check out workflow or save cad to test sever?

Hi,

Has anyone encountered the following error message?
No EnumeratedType exists with "IN DEVELOPMENT" as its internal value.

danders238_0-1717609995221.png

When I try to change a workflow (check it out) or try to save Creo files to the test server I receive the above error message.

Anyone have any ideas on how to correct this issue other than restoring the test server to a previous state?

Thank you for any help you may provide,

Don A

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

For a quick check, do a search in Windchill and choose CAD Document as the Type and set the Criteria to State. This will give you a drop-down list identifying all the applicable states. 

If you wanna check the system, you need access to the server to run enumCustomize from a Windchill Shell and open the StateRB file. Check out this CS Article for the deets: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS42231

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Here's a couple top of mind ideas,

You could check the Manage Global Enumberations tab in the Type and Attribute Mgr, but it sounds this could be related to the Lifecycle Template being used and a mismatch between the defined states and existence of those states?  

Hi Scott,

Where would  I go to check for the existence of a state? 

I think the state might be turned off or no longer exists.

Thanks,

Don A

Depending on where they were setup, Lifecycles can be defined at the Org and Site level in Windchill under Utilities, Lifecycle Templates. If you are not sure which one it is, open the details page for any CAD or PART and look for the Lifecycle Template  shown in the System block. 

Hi Scott,

I'm looking for where a state is defined or may be turned on or off that might be used in a lifecycle template.

Where would one go to turn off/on or define a lifecycle state.  For example Concept or Deign?
I have forgotten where that was located.

Thanks,

Don A

For a quick check, do a search in Windchill and choose CAD Document as the Type and set the Criteria to State. This will give you a drop-down list identifying all the applicable states. 

If you wanna check the system, you need access to the server to run enumCustomize from a Windchill Shell and open the StateRB file. Check out this CS Article for the deets: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS42231

Hi Scott,

I believe the issue is the life cycle state is turned off or has been deleted.  I will check the StateRB file.

danders238_0-1717621431803.png

Thanks,

Don A

Hi Scott,

The State "In Development" was missing and was the cause of the issue.
Adding it using the following corrected the issue.

• Follow the below steps to create a new Life Cycle State:
  1. Start the Enumerated Type Customization Utility from Windchill ShellenumCustomize
  2. Browse for file <Windchill>\codebase\wt\lifecycle\StateRB.RB.ser
  3. Insert the new State for the different languages (Note: Make sure key should be in CAPS)
       In Development
  4. Click on Save, select "Continue" to build the new resource bundle file and then Exit
  • If user gets an error message that the resource cannot be rebuild, try to run Windchill Shell as an Administrator (right-click on Windchill Shell, and select Run as Administrator)
  1. Stop the Method Server
  2. Rebuild the client jars from Windchill Shell ant -f codebase\MakeJar.xml custUpdate
  3. Clear Tomcat and Info*Engine cache:
    • <Windchill_Home>\tomcat\instances\
    • <Windchill_Home>\tasks\codebase\com\infoengine\compiledTasks\
  4. Restart Windchill
  5. Restart the Java Applets on the client side
  • Refer to the Windchill Help Center  topic "The Enumerated Type Customization Utility" for further information

Thank you,

Don A

Top Tags