cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Object Type Customization

Luar
1-Newbie

Object Type Customization

Hello everyone!

In the advanced search, there's a ADD in object types. Please see the attach image.

Is there a way to add object type? like in the highlighted picture in the image. If yes, how? can you teach me?.,

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mrane
1-Newbie
(To:Luar)

Hi,

Again, What is your object type that you wish to add to the object type picker on the search page ?

Following are the steps that might help :

• Add the internal name of the object type (ex: wt.folder.SubFolder) to searchableTypes.properties against allSearch component id.

ex : PDMLink.allSearch=wt.folder.SubFolder,......

searchableTypes.properties File located under <WT_HOME/codebase/com/ptc/windchill/enterprise/search/server/

• Restart windchill
  • goto Preference Manager > Search > All Applicable Object Types Preference
  • Set the preference value. The wizard shows a type picker
  • In the type picker you'll be able to see the new obejct type as unselected. Select it and click on ok.
  • Launch the type picker on the advanced search page. It will now start showing the newly added object type.

For a similar discussion you can check this thread as well.

-Malavika

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
mrane
1-Newbie

Hi Luar,

I am trying to understand this more clearly. Do you wish to add more(new/diferent) types in the object type picker ? Object type picker is the picker that is launched when you click on 'Add' link on the search page.

The objects that you can currently see on the object type picker is driven by a preference called Site-->Utilities --> Preference MAnager --> Search -->'All Applicable Object Types'

If you could give more details and what you are exactly looking for, I will be able to help better.

-Malavika

Luar
1-Newbie
(To:mrane)

Hi! thanks for the reply.,

yes, I want to add more type of object., because what I've shown is the default from windchill.

mrane
1-Newbie

Hi,

Can you check if the new object types that you want to be made available on the object type picker on the search page are available at :

Site-->Utilities --> Preference Management-->Search --> All Applicable Object Type Preference

AllApplicableObjectTypePicker.jpg

As shown in the above screenshot. If you can see your type on the above object type picker but is unchecked, select it and click on okay. This will update the preference and subsequently the type will also start showing on the object type picker of the search page.

However, if the object is not present on the type picker of the all applicable object types preference itself then you'll have to make an entry in the searchableTypes.properties

What is your object type that you wish to add to the object type picker on the search page ?

-Malavika

Luar
1-Newbie

hello

That is what I want to know. How to add new Object type. sorry Im just new in the windchill environment.

Thanks!

mrane
1-Newbie

Hi,

Again, What is your object type that you wish to add to the object type picker on the search page ?

Following are the steps that might help :

• Add the internal name of the object type (ex: wt.folder.SubFolder) to searchableTypes.properties against allSearch component id.

ex : PDMLink.allSearch=wt.folder.SubFolder,......

searchableTypes.properties File located under <WT_HOME/codebase/com/ptc/windchill/enterprise/search/server/

• Restart windchill
  • goto Preference Manager > Search > All Applicable Object Types Preference
  • Set the preference value. The wizard shows a type picker
  • In the type picker you'll be able to see the new obejct type as unselected. Select it and click on ok.
  • Launch the type picker on the advanced search page. It will now start showing the newly added object type.

For a similar discussion you can check this thread as well.

-Malavika

Luar
1-Newbie

Hi!.

I want to add "ASSEMBLY" object type. and by the way im using PDM Essentials.

Luar
1-Newbie

I already saw the file but im confused where to add the code.

Hi,

To add a type to the file:

search for "WindchillPDM.allSearch"

and add the value to the list of comma delimited values.

And use the internal name of the type.

(which can be found from the site>utilities>type and attribute manager > manage types (select the type you are interested in adding))

Thanks,

Jarrett

Hi Luar,

I haven't seen a question back on this thread, so could you mark correct and helpful answer in this thread for helping you get this implemented?

Malavika had provided many steps as well as some follow up steps that I had provided.

Thanks,

Jarrett

Top Tags