cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Old iteration representation getting republished on rename

cferrec
7-Bedrock

Old iteration representation getting republished on rename

Hello.

I've got a problem with the way Windchill manages "latest" representations and the property publish.republishonepmdocumentchange. The support tells me it's normal, but I would like to know if someone found a workaround. I've got the properties :

publish.configspec.default.useasstoredifavailable=false (we want the latest iteration of an assembly to be up to date)

publish.republishonepmdocumentchange=true (we want the drawings to be republished with the latest lifecycle state or name/number)

I create an assembly A1 : 

1.png

I modify it by mooving a component, it goes to A.2 : 

2.png

I modify one part, the representation is marked as out of date and I can republish it with the scheduler :

3.png

Iteration A.1 is not out of date, that's what I want, I've got my history.

4.png

No problems there, I republish and I've got my A.2 representation updated. 

But if I rename the assembly Windchill republish every iteration including the old ones and I now have A.1 representation with the components at the right place but with the new part instead of the old one... 

5.png6.png

(I should have modified the assembly more consequently, it's not easy to see)

This is a problem for us as we rename or copy/move/etc CAD coponents quite often and it generates a lot of worker load AND makes our history false... There are some ideas regarding this problem, but is there another possibility to "lock" the old representations ?

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Windchill-Ideas/Republish-on-a-Rename/idc-p/589973#M9203

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS136867

Thanks.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags