cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Only top Assembly CAD converts STEP files

Jungwon
7-Bedrock

Only top Assembly CAD converts STEP files

I am using Windchill PDMLink Release 12.0 and Datecode with CPS 12.0.0.1

Is there any options for STEP file generation on the CAD-Worker or Theorem adapters ?

In case of there is an Assembly CAD Object and the CAD has multiple child CAD Objects, I want only one STEP file to be created for the target Assembly CAD Object. (Sub-CAD Objects do not need to create STEP files)

Here are the errors that I faced
n/a

7 REPLIES 7
HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:Jungwon)

Hello @Jungwon 

You can add IBA attribute to the CAD and based on the attribute value you can set publishrules if the STEP should be generated or not. 

for example generateStep = yes

then based on the Windchill Help you can set publishRules to achieve what you need. 

Evaluating Publish Rules

Yes user has to set the IBA attribute in the CAD

An another option is customization with approval process or another workflow process.

You can send the object to visualization with add-hoc publish rule by code.

Programmatically check if the assembly is top one and send it to the visualization with own publish rules. (publish rules has to be activated)

Hope this can help you

PetrH

jbailey
17-Peridot
(To:Jungwon)

You could use publish rules for this - xml config loaded into Visualization Configuration Administration. (https://support.ptc.com/help/wnc/r12.1.1.0/en/index.html#page/Windchill_Help_Center/WVSPublishRules/WVSPublishRulesUsePubRules.html)

<!-- THIS IS A CONDITION FOR RELEASED CREO ASM FILES  -->
<condition name="CREO_REL_ASM">
	<and>
		<attribute name="epmdoc_CADName" regex=".*\.asm$"/>
		<attribute name="epmdoc_lifeCycleState" value="Released"/>
	</and>
</condition>

<if condition="CREO_REL_ASM">
	<publish on="checkin"/>
	<publish on="unknown-source" additional-files="publish_creo_rel_asm">
		<param-set-ref name="CREO_REL_STEP"/>
	</publish>
	<publish on="create-representation" additional-files="man_publish_creo_rel_asm">
	</publish>
	<publish on="schedule" additional-files="publish_creo_rel_asm">
	</publish>
	<publish on="manual-post" param-set="CREO_REL_STEP"> </publish>
</if>

<!-- THIS SECTION DEFINES WHAT ADDITIONAL FILES ARE PUBLISHED FOR ON DEMAND, RELEASED CREO ASM FILES  -->
<additional-files name="publish_creo_rel_asm">
	<file display-label="Released STEP" type="step" default="true" output-prefix="STEP"/>
</additional-files>
<additional-files name="man_publish_creo_rel_asm">
	<file display-label="Released STEP" type="step" default="true" locked="false" output-prefix="STEP"/>
</additional-files>

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:jbailey)

HI @jbailey 

Good example. Your configuration generates steps for all released assemblies.. @Jungwon wants that only the TOP assembly contains the step, doesn't he?

PetrH

Yeah, That's why I sent him to the help files as did you for detailed information.  So many ways to solve this problem.  There is a field that shows up for filtering in the workspace (Top Level Object)... I don't know if this is just an alias though. I wonder if this can be used?

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS290775?source=search

jbailey_0-1692188615330.png

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:jbailey)

Hi @jbailey 

Unfortunately the Top Level Object is just attribute in the workspace table. It is not stored in the system and is calculated when the workspace table is loaded. 

PetrH

That's what I figured

I developed to process only Top Assembly CAD at the customizing code level on WNC Package Content collection for STEP generating. There doesn't seem to be a way to handle it at the setting level on the CAD Worker and Theorem adapters.

Top Tags