cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Opening a viewable using Productview Pro

LarsBjors
6-Contributor

Opening a viewable using Productview Pro

Hi I can't start productview professional when I want to view a viewable in productpoint 1.1. I have installed productview 9.1 M030 and have license for professional. If I start productview outside of productpoint it starts in professional mode, but when I start productview from inside productpoint it starts in Lite mode. I have found TAN 144344 that should solve the problem, but I can not find the line: ProductView("pvlite", "<%=viewableUrl%>", "", "<%=markupUrl%>", "<%=MarkupName%>", "", "", ""); in the file: %PROGRAMFILES%\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\Template\Features\ProductView\ProductViewLauncher.aspx. on my server. Please help me to find a solution. /Lars Björs
7 REPLIES 7

On your SERVER click start then run enter this line Make sure to get the whole thing in 1 line
cab2c9314d
open ProductViewLauncher.aspx with notepad or other text editing software toward the bottom you will see
cab2c9314d
That is where you need to change. then follow the Client instructiions
LarsBjors
6-Contributor
(To:ptc-2211192)

Hi Thaks for your respons. I have edited the line as in your example (it already looked that way) and on the client I have set so when I start the client using the start menu it askes for what license to use (Lite or Professional). But when I open a viable from PP it still opens in Lite without asking. /Lars

Have you cleared your internet Cache? How about trying a different PC?
LarsBjors
6-Contributor
(To:ptc-2211192)

I emptied the cashe and all objects. Then started PP again picked a thumbnail and productview started. The window wanted to download and run the file "pvvercheck_ie.cab". I let it do that, but no question came about which version to use. It starts in Lite. /Lars
LarsBjors
6-Contributor
(To:LarsBjors)

I got an SPR on this and it shall work in M010.

edit the following file on the wpp server to use PV Lite or Pro ... c:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\TEMPLATE\CONTROLTEMPLATES\PTC\ProductViewControl.ascx at the end of the file edit the following (marked in bold): ================================================= <asp:Panel runat="server" ID="PVPanel"> <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript"> try{ var previousOnLoad = document.body.onload; pvApi = ProductView( "<%= LaunchFullProductView ? "pview" : string.Empty %>", ================================================= now it should work ... Regards Frank

Hi That was the solution. Thanks. /Lars Björs
Top Tags