cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Optical Character Recognition (OCR) and Windchill PLM

ajay252508
8-Gravel

Optical Character Recognition (OCR) and Windchill PLM

Version: Windchill 12.1

Use Case: One of my client is looking to use Windchill search for scanned documents. It looks like Windchill Search cannot do optical character recognition (OCR).

Description:

Does anyone has experience with using a third party OCR with Windchill? TIA

4 REPLIES 4

Article - "Does Windchill support Optical Character Recognition (OCR) of text in document images?": https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS364005 

Thank you for the link, I know that OCR is not supported by Windchill search. Is there a workaround to get OCR working with Windchill? I saw Amazon has a product called Textract, has anyone used it with Windchill? TIA. 

Hi @ajay252508 

I can imagine, that if you create own search wizard, and you find some java OCR library then you can write a code to use the OCR utility in Windchill. 

PetrH

Hi @ajay252508,

I wanted to follow up with you on your post to see if your question has been answered. 
If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. 
Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so that we can continue to help you. 

Thanks,
Anurag

Top Tags