cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Option & Variants

ptc-1993851
1-Newbie

Option & Variants

In option & Variants how to ask the repetitive question? E.g. in BOM need to use 2 Tiles with different quality. For Tile No 1 Question No 1: “What is the Tile Material? “ Ans: Fabric Question No 2: “What is the Tile Color? “ Ans : Pink For Tile No 2 Question No 1: “What is the Tile Material? “ Ans: Metal Question No 2: “What is the Tile Color? “ Ans:Yellow In above case material & color properties are changing for tiles.
5 REPLIES 5

I Guess it's a little late to answer this question....

I think you're looking for the "Equivalency" tab in the Edit Parameter interface.

It would be great to see how many people here are using Product Configuration + Option & Variant in Windchill...

Marc - just a quick FYI that we are starting down this path. We have a highly configurable product with many options, variant and dependancies.

Marc,

I'm interested in learning more about your usage of Option & Variant.

What kind of product are you manufacturing? (Are you willing to name the company you work for?)

Approx. how many Generic Parts are you using, and how many different possible configurations?

If you prefer, I can write you a private message instead...

Thanks,

Marc

Lets take this offline to discuss, I replyed to your Auto Numbering comment. But email me at the following. mhendrickson@cirrusdesign.com

Hello,

I'm also interested in investigating the usage of options and variants. Specifically also how to work with this in conjunction with CAD.

Some of our products have many variants, quite simple though. Usually one part which can be of variable length. We are using PDMLink 9.0 and there we can create WTParts and select values for generic, for example Configurable, Yes or No.

I have not fully understood the difference between if you select the values configurable or yes.

Best regards,

Fredrik

Top Tags