cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Optional Change Objects - Any Info?

kpritchard
4-Participant

Optional Change Objects - Any Info?

Hello and thanks in advance for any insights...

(Platform is Windchill 9.1 M050 w/PDMLink, MPMLink, ProjectLink and Supplier Management installed, not all modules in use)

I discovered a number of "new" Change Objects that showed up in the Type and Attribute Manager with 9.1 and the (Search All Help) Documentation only refers to them as being "Optional" elements of Change management. OK, so how do they work and what does it take to get them working? What is the intended functionality? The list that follows includes some that were there with 9.0, any insights on these will also be appreciated;

- Analysis Activity (wt.change2.WTAnalysisActivity)

- Change Action (wt.change2.WTChangeAction)

- Change Directive (wt.change2.WTChangeDirective)

- Change Investigation (wt.change2.WTChangeInvestigation)

- Change Proposal (wt.change2.WTChangeProposal) - OK, this one I have bumped into before because I needed to grant access to this object for the Proposed Change field in the Change Request Object to be visible to users instead of showing as (secured information)

Maybe I'm not looking in the right place for information?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Any have info on this at all? I'm interested in seeing what the community has for Keir.

Steve Vinyard
Application Engineer

[cid:image001.gif@01CB2360.FCF55440]
RussPratt
5-Regular Member
(To:kpritchard)

Most, if not all of these objects are legacy from Windchill Foundation, going back to at least 4.0. With the somewhat interesting exception for the Change Proposal object, noted in the comment, none of them have UI's in Windchill 9.1. They are maintained in the object model for upgrade support and could be used in a custom solution if needed. I have no knowledge or regarding any future PTC plans related to the objects.

As far as the Change Proposal object goes. You will be safe to simply grant "Full Control" "All States" to "ALL" principals to manage it the way it is currently embedded into the CR.

Russ

kpritchard
4-Participant
(To:kpritchard)

I thought I'd pass on the information gathered to the community...

As Mikeindicated some types (specifically Analysis Activity, Change Investigation, Change Proposal) are carry overs from Foundation. They exist in the "core"for continuity, butare not visible in the UI.

Others (Change Action, Change Impacts, Change Directive)are implementation specific. I have not (yet) received any information onfunctionality orwhat is involvedin enabling these objects in one's own implementation.

I'm going to hold off on further comment because I'm frustrated enough to post something I will likeley regret later. Maybe if we all ask nicely (Enhancement Requests & Tech Calls).

Top Tags