cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Issue with configuring tables

crosato
1-Newbie

Issue with configuring tables

I'm creating a custom page on one of our systems, which contains 3 tables. On two of the tables I would like to have the view dropdown, but cannot seem to get it to show. I've added configurable="true" to the describeTable tag, which the WC customizer's guide mentions, but it does not seem to help.
I generalized the tag, but it's basically this:
<jca:describetable var="TableDescriptor" id="id.ist" label="Number" configurable="true">
Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
ddemay
1-Newbie
(To:crosato)

Look at render table tag set under netmarkets/product/list.jsp to see how to turn it on.

You a param in render table as well as configurable=true
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

I've actually checked out a couple of the ootb tables, and there isn't anything in there which 'shows' the view dropdown. Actually, the only thing in the product/list.jsp that seems to even relate to the anything other than help or page limits is showCustomViewLink, but I had already had that param set in my renderTable.

<jca:rendertable showcustomviewlink="false" helpcontext="ProductsHelp" model="${tableModel}" showcount="true" showpaginglinks="true" pagelimit="${noOfRows}"/">

Just to make sure I wasn't missing anything, I did add everything to my renderTable tag, but the current view is still not showing up.

Actually, I probably should have said there isn't anything which seems to be different than what I've tried in my jsp...

In Reply to Chris Rosato:

I've actually checked out a couple of the ootb tables, and there isn't anything in there which 'shows' the view dropdown.

ddemay
1-Newbie

You have the ability to specify or override the default view id. I would try
that and set it to one already existing and used in other OOTB tables. It
sounds like the table you are using is submitting its id as one without a
registered view id in the TableViewDescriptor database table. You can create
your own view, but you have to use Windchill API and register it and clear
out the TableViewDescriptor and ActiveViewLink tables and restart servers.
An example of this is in the Customizer's guide, but it's a basic version
not giving you all the details.

Thanks Dave, that is exactly the problem. I used an OOTB ID, and the view showed. I've spent a few hours over the past few days trying to register my views, but it's just not working. I've tried following along through the customizer's guide, but to call this step vague, would seem to be an understatement. The sticking point is that I, nor Eclipse, is able to find the ConfigurableTable interface.

In Reply to Dave DeMay:
You have the ability to specify or override the default view id. I would try
that and set it to one already existing and used in other OOTB tables. It
sounds like the table you are using is submitting its id as one without a
registered view id in the TableViewDescriptor database table. You can create
your own view, but you have to use Windchill API and register it and clear
out the TableViewDescriptor and ActiveViewLink tables and restart servers.
An example of this is in the Customizer's guide, but it's a basic version
not giving you all the details.

ddemay
1-Newbie

You need to include codebase/WEB-INF/lib/wncWeb.jar in addition to just codebase. I of couse a bunch of other stuff but this jar is essential for UI customization code compilation.

Eclipse should find it then.

Thanks Dave...once I had that interface it was pretty straightforward

In Reply to Dave DeMay:
You need to include codebase/WEB-INF/lib/wncWeb.jar in addition to just codebase. I of couse a bunch of other stuff but this jar is essential for UI customization code compilation.

Eclipse should find it then.

Top Tags