cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Oracle 11gR2 slow check in times

MikeIbosh
1-Newbie

Oracle 11gR2 slow check in times

All,
Recently, we updated our Windchill 9.1 M060 Oracle software/database from 10g RAC, to 11gR2 RAC. The upgrade was painless (for me anyway), but now that the users are beating on it, they are telling me that check in times have increased 3 to 5 percent.
Just before the Oracle update (3 weeks), I did some performance tuning on the Windchill software and users noticed an increase in system response time (search, browse, document creation etc.) and a decrease in check in times. I did not change anything in the Windchill tuning parameters with the exception of the OracleThinDrivers setup, and the patch that is required for 11gR2 from PTC (9.1_F000_M010_M020_M030_M040_M050_M060_PS1).
Has anyone else seen this type of problem after updating from 10g to 11gR2?
Any suggestions/comments are welcome.

Mike
2 REPLIES 2

There are no particular Oracle parameter value changesrequired for Windchill on11gR2 versus 10g. Since you didn't upgrade Windchill, there isn't any possibility that any custom indexes were dropped, although you should be checking for invalid packages and indexes that might need updating. Make sure your nightly stats job is running successfully. Check ADDM & AWR reports for any weirdness. I'massuming the datafile dispersion and other hardware remained the same during the upgrade, and you've verified that you have all required o/s patches for 11gR2.

Other than those general Oracle things, treat this a new performanceissue. I'd suggest generating a Oracle Tuning Report (aka gather_info) after one of these checkins is complete and opening a TS call for analysis.

Tim Atwood

PTC Enterprise Deployment Center

After the database upgrade, all the tables/index has been analysed? Please check the fragmentation also. May be a database reorg is needed.

Top Tags