cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Oracle PLM - Anyone using it? Does it work? Comments please

tweathe
1-Newbie

Oracle PLM - Anyone using it? Does it work? Comments please

All,

Please comment if you use Oracle PLM?

Does it work to manage Pro/E parts, drawings and assemblies?

Can it handle family tables?

Can it handle rename?

What problems do you encounter daily, weekly, monthly?

What other tool, if any, do you use in conjunction with Oracle (i.e. for
data, doc management)?

Thanks

Timothy J. Weatherford

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Timothy,

Although there is probably some "Oracle PLM" still out there, they have purchased Agile and this is theier PLM solution. I am evaluating it right now and I'm quite impressed.

David T. Francis

Hi Tim,

Not sure what you're referring to when you say Oracle PLM, however we currently use SAP (and Wildfire 2, going to 5 soon w/Intralink 3.x), while some of our other sites use Agile PLM (Oracle owned). We'll eventually migrate to Agile PLM ourselves.
There is an Agile module available called EC (Engineering Collaboration). It's basically a connector that allows integration between native CAD (ProE, SW, Catia, Invertor, etc) and Agile. Because our standard PLM tool will be Agile, management is seriously considering using EC to manage our native ProE data instead of PDMLink (which we were planning to go to as part of the WF5 upgrade). I started a discussion on it on this thread on Monday, and got a few good responses. There is little information about it out there that I could find, but after talking to some people familiar with it, it sounds like a good tool that had a lot of thought put into it. I've seen it demo'd, for what it's worth, and it seems to be able to handle ProE relationships/dependancies/family tables pretty well. I do know it cannot rename, and feature to feature will not stand up to PDMLink. For us, it's a matter of whether or not we can live with the lost functionality that comes with EC. My gut feeling tells me we should stick with PDMLink, but if we're unable to find any concrete reasons to not go with EC, it will be our tool of choice. I guess it comes down to whether or not your PDM tool should be more aligned with your PLM system, or your CAD tool.

There is also a company called Zero Wait that supports EC and blogs about it and other solutions.
avillanueva
22-Sapphire I
(To:tweathe)

"and Wildfire 2, going to 5 soon w/Intralink 3.x"

Do you mean Wildfire Creo 5 with Intralink 3.x? I though 3.x support
ended at Wildfire 4. There should be a hard block in so that 5 does not
work with 3.x.

I would be very interested in knowing if anyone uses or knows anyone who uses Agile as their PLM system and CAD vault with no Intralink/PDMLink/WC involved? If so, is it working well for you?

Thanks!

In Reply to tim weatherford:

All,

Please comment if you use Oracle PLM?

Does it work to manage Pro/E parts, drawings and assemblies?

Can it handle family tables?

Can it handle rename?

What problems do you encounter daily, weekly, monthly?

What other tool, if any, do you use in conjunction with Oracle (i.e. for
data, doc management)?

Thanks

Timothy J. Weatherford

David T. Francis

Top Tags