cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Oracle issuse

ptc-886955
1-Newbie

Oracle issuse

Hello,

I need some Oracle help! Last Friday Windchill went down. I tried to fire it up again and came to the conclusion it was Oracle. I logged a case to PTC. They got back to me promptly. After doing some queries and sending them the output they said I had too many Oracle process running approx 400. They gave me some scripts to increase these processes. My system is still not working.

Error number 1: Windchill Error Listener refused the connection with the following error: ORA-12518, TNS:listener could not hand off client connection

Error number 2: the OMS (Oracle Management Server) fails to start and keeps resulting in inactive sessions. Because of that sysman account might be locked. It is oracle bug. Please consult with your DBA to fix this issue.

Anyone else seen these errors? Anyone no a DBA in San Franciso area?

Windchill version 10.0 M030. Oracle version 11.2.0.2

Thanks.

Mike Pinkney

CAD/Windchill Admin.

Triple Ring Technologies, Inc.

2 REPLIES 2

Thank you SO much Steve V and Igor.

Mike

Randy,

Well, these guys went above and beyond the call of duty. Steve replies to my post and says I know some Oracle; I can take a look at your system. He sent me a GoToMeetings invite. Once on the call, Steve says, looks like your Oracle is configured like OOTB. Let me call a colleague, Igor. He says, looks like you need some more Oracle resources. He bumps up all the resources and says, should be good to go. Where I was banging my head against a wall with PTC. The system is running. I am greatly appreciative. PTC\User.org are awesome.

Top Tags