cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

PDF File Attachment through CAD worker

Amirtharaj_K
15-Moonstone

PDF File Attachment through CAD worker

Hi Guys,

Can we use the CAD Worker to publish the .drw into PDF after that can we get into "Described by Documents / Reference Documents".

WT Part is already linked with CAD .prt + .drw.

Please find the below image.

Regards,

Aj

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There are a number of places you can put that published PDF. I have ours going as a secondary file for the representation. Works well with Thingworx Navigate. I've seen people put it was secondary content to the EPMDocument which makes it easy to download from the Content tab of the drawing. You are asking to create a WTDocument with the PDF and link to the WTPart. Yes possible.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS348518?source=search

You should investigate the AfterEDRLoader and make you customizations there. I would caution from a Config Management perspective, you are setting up a data management nightmare. You now have possible two sources of truth, the CAD drawing and the WTDocument. Its possible that they become out of sync. My advice it to keep things packed to a single object.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

There are a number of places you can put that published PDF. I have ours going as a secondary file for the representation. Works well with Thingworx Navigate. I've seen people put it was secondary content to the EPMDocument which makes it easy to download from the Content tab of the drawing. You are asking to create a WTDocument with the PDF and link to the WTPart. Yes possible.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS348518?source=search

You should investigate the AfterEDRLoader and make you customizations there. I would caution from a Config Management perspective, you are setting up a data management nightmare. You now have possible two sources of truth, the CAD drawing and the WTDocument. Its possible that they become out of sync. My advice it to keep things packed to a single object.

Thanks for the replay Mr. Avil,

I refer your your article it's really useful to me, but i want that pdf in WT Part. Here only we have EPM & New Document.

Can we do this same in WT Part.

Regards,

Aj

Hi @Amirtharaj_K 

It is possible if the CAD exists to do so with the AfterLoader but you need to rewrite it that PDF is saved on the WTPart. 

PetrH

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:HelesicPetr)

You mean linked to. I guess you can enable WTParts to have content but I read it as they wanted to show on describe by or reference by links which would be WTDocuments.

Hi @avillanueva 

I didn't catch the point. Thanks.. 

Actually it does not matter, if you write the code to create WTDocument with a link to CAD as a describe by doc or reference , you can also do that in the AfterEDRLoader.

The code customization is needed.

PetrH

Thanks for your reply and support from Mr. Avil and Mr. Petr

Announcements

Top Tags