cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

PDME Cad Worker agent

Luar
1-Newbie

PDME Cad Worker agent

Hi All,

I just want to clear something regarding visualization. Visualization for solidworks is not working, I need to configure cad worker agent. Now I open the case in PTC support and ask help for cad worker agent configuration.

They said to add a solidworks cad agent worker, you need a solidworks installed in the server. It is required to install the solidworks in the server? But I have a solidworks running on my client PC. Now, we cant continue the session because we have problem connecting my windchill server to the solidworks license server.   

Thank you,

Luar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Luar)

Each cad worker requires a functioning copy of the cad software being published.  The Creo View Adapters simply start up that cad software and tell it what to do.  They still depend on the native cad software to do the actual work.  You will need to configure your cad worker to sit and wait to publish until the license file is available (basically you're doing using it for the day.)  The only other option is to purchase an additional seat of the cad software.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Luar)

Each cad worker requires a functioning copy of the cad software being published.  The Creo View Adapters simply start up that cad software and tell it what to do.  They still depend on the native cad software to do the actual work.  You will need to configure your cad worker to sit and wait to publish until the license file is available (basically you're doing using it for the day.)  The only other option is to purchase an additional seat of the cad software.

Top Tags