cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

PDMLink 9.1 M010 Installation and Migration from 8.0 M040

borourke
10-Marble

PDMLink 9.1 M010 Installation and Migration from 8.0 M040

Think I have hosed up my 9.1 installation. After successfully installing 9.1, I did an export of my 8.0 LDAP, and then did an import to my 9.1 system. All seemed well, at least when I used the LDAP browser. But I get multiple errors when I try to bring up the 9.1 Method Server. Should I have done the import of my 8.0 system as soon as my 9.1 Ahleion was installed, instead of waiting until the entire 9.0 installation was finished? Thanks in advance!

Send lawyers, guns, and money...the sh!t has hit the fan!
6 REPLIES 6

Hi Bill,

Did you export the TargetConfigBranch node from the 9.1 before you imported the 8.0 LDAP? The process is to export the TragetConfigBranch of the 9.1, and also backup the entire 9.1 LDAP, then import the 8.0 root LDAP, delete the dc=com node above the ou=people node in the 8.0 LDAP, and then import the TargetConfigBranch for the 9.1 into the LDAP just like doing a rehost, this way it will add the new node EnterpriseLDAP to the LDAP structure. I think what is happening is that your 9.1 system is looking for the TargetConfigBranch node specific to 9.1 and find the 8.1 TargetBranchConfig node instead. If you have backed up your 9.1 root LDAP, you can reimport that, then do the export of the 9.1 TargetConfigBranch, and try again. Also you might need to look that the PTC upgrade guide, it spells out the entire process if you are doing an upgrade.

HTH
Thanks

Alexius C. Chukwuka
IT Analyst, PDP Systems
John Deere Power Systems
Product Engineering Center
*Voice: 319-292-8575
*Mobile: 319-429-5336
*FaxFax:319-292-6282
*E-Mail: -

CONFIDENTIALITY. This electronic mail and any files transmitted with it may contain information proprietary to Deere & Company, or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed, shall be maintained in confidence and not disclosed to third parties without the written consent of the sender. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the electronic mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this electronic mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this electronic mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return mail.

Bill,

Alexius is right. Done it, suffered but you have to follow everything step by step.

Chris

Alexius was correct. I followed the procedures in the Rehost Guide and all seems well. The probelm know is the password for my 'wcadmin' user is neither the one I set up in 8.0 or 9.1. Anyone know of a way to figure out what then wcadmin is now? Or is there a way to reset it?

In Reply to Alexius Chukwuka:
Hi Bill,

Did you export the TargetConfigBranch node from the 9.1 before you imported the 8.0 LDAP? The process is to export the TragetConfigBranch of the 9.1, and also backup the entire 9.1 LDAP, then import the 8.0 root LDAP, delete the dc=com node above the ou=people node in the 8.0 LDAP, and then import the TargetConfigBranch for the 9.1 into the LDAP just like doing a rehost, this way it will add the new node EnterpriseLDAP to the LDAP structure. I think what is happening is that your 9.1 system is looking for the TargetConfigBranch node specific to 9.1 and find the 8.1 TargetBranchConfig node instead. If you have backed up your 9.1 root LDAP, you can reimport that, then do the export of the 9.1 TargetConfigBranch, and try again. Also you might need to look that the PTC upgrade guide, it spells out the entire process if you are doing an upgrade.

HTH
Thanks

Alexius C. Chukwuka
IT Analyst, PDP Systems
John Deere Power Systems

CONFIDENTIALITY. This electronic mail and any files transmitted with it may contain information proprietary to Deere & Company, or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed, shall be maintained in confidence and not disclosed to third parties without the written consent of the sender. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the electronic mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this electronic mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this electronic mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return mail.

Bill,

An easier way might be to create another user with admin priviledges just like "wcadmin". Then login as that user and try to change the password of the wcadmin user from the principal administrator page, that way. Its worth a try. It might take some doing to find all the places in Windchill where the original wcadmin password has been propagated. I have never tried this, so let me know if it works.

HTH

Thanks

Alexius C. Chukwuka
IT Analyst, PDP Systems
John Deere Power Systems

You can navigate to the uid=wcadmin object in LDAP and double click on
it. Then click the "Set" button for password.

Ryan,

Thanks. This is good to know.

Regards,

Alexius C. Chukwuka
IT Analyst, PDP Systems
John Deere Power Systems

Announcements

Top Tags