cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

PLM & ERP - best practices

egifford
4-Participant

PLM & ERP - best practices

I'm wondering what platform / vendor neutralresources others have found pertaining to best practicesinPLM, ERP and integration of the two. Basically something thatis the result of people from multiple backgrounds pooling their knowledge, without a pushtosell software orconsulting services. I want to get that"lessons learned" bigger picture as we plan implementing additional functionality in Windchill PDMLink (possibly the Engineering ChangeRequest / Approvalaspect - routed electronics approvals, gated process etc) and a new ERP system, eventuallyconnecting the two together. When we go that route, we'll utilize outside experts to help, I just want a better generalfoundation.

I found a reference to the PLM Interest Group (http://www.plmig.com/main.shtml) in one post and am contemplating an individual membership. Is anyone in this group a member? Has it proven worthwhile? Another is CIMdata, a consulting group offering PLM certification.Anyonehave any recommendations?

Thanks,

Erik

1 REPLY 1

Hey Erik,

We are member of the PLM IG. As soon as my membership was a fact, I received a whole bunch of documents. Reading them and rereading them again took me some months, because I'm a slow reader, I don't have so much time to spend, but mostly converting knowledge into action is a real challenge. I never had the opportunity to attend member meetings of the group, unfortunately.

Our situation is: we use Windchill as our CAD data management system, we tried very hard to implement PLM and have built some nice tools, and our actual ERP-system is about to be replaced.

Regards, Hugo.
Top Tags