cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

PMI & Windchill

cdown
4-Participant

PMI & Windchill

Has or does anyone on here use windchill for PMI?  (Product manufacturing information).

We are looking at setting this up where windchill will hold all of the relevant manufacturing information for a part. This is all to tie in with going towards the 3D CAD model holding all of the manufacturing information.

Does anybody have any experience of setting this up, I am looking to hear of pros and cons of this type of working.

2 REPLIES 2
bsindelar
6-Contributor
(To:cdown)

Likely the closest match to PTC solutions for this area is MPMLink.  MPMLink is an add-on module that works seamlessly with PDMLink (much like how ProjectLink is seamless to PDMLink) and incorporates objects built to support the manufacturing side of the house, whereas PDMLink focuses more on the engineering side.

The PTC description of the module from Windchill Help is:

• PTC Windchill MPMLink is the central repository and the design environment for manufacturing data management in PTC Windchill. Manufacturing data can be accessed and configured through the information page of an object, accessed by clicking on the information icon , which launches a manufacturing browser, such as the Process Plan Browser, or the Resource Browser. Manufacturing data can also be accessed and edited using PTC Windchill MPMLink explorers.
  • PTC Windchill MPMLink supports Manufacturing Process Management (MPM) processes with an integral solution where product, process and resource data are all managed in a single system, without the need for data duplication. This enables concurrent and collaborative development of product designs and manufacturing processes, all supported by common Windchill services, such as change management, configuration, life cycle and access control. This concurrent and collaborative work environment allows design and manufacturing engineers to constantly reconcile their different professional perspectives, enabling them to proactively validate the manufacturability of product designs and reduce errors between engineering and production.

My company supports Windchill configuration/implementation, and I'd be happy to talk further with you about your goals.  If you are interested, feel free to reach me at robert.sindelar@eccellent.com.

Have a great day!

Hi,

Wondering if you got any more replies than what i can see in the community. This topic is of interest to me. I was kindof hoping/expecting that there would be a way to simply on checkin have the workgroup manager publish the bill of characteristics from the creo PMI so that we can then search for it like one does for attributes. Also it would allow us to data mine windchill looking for objects where tolerances and notes are seeming to indicate something out of the ordinary so that the overseers of the projects can be notified ahead of the reviews.

Any info appreciated.

Top Tags