cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

PTCLive 2014 Presentation on on What Windchill Administrators Should Know about Oracle

vaillan
5-Regular Member

PTCLive 2014 Presentation on on What Windchill Administrators Should Know about Oracle

Below is my 2014 PTCLive Global presentation "Guerilla Oracle Tuning for Windchill Administrators".

Presentation Description:

PTC Windchill performance and stability depends heavily on a well functioning Oracle database. Unfortunately for many PTC Windchill administrators they are the mercy of their DBA`s who for various reasons may not give the PTC Windchill system as much attention as maybe they should. This presentation will aim to make the PTC Windchill administrator less reliant on the DBA, and allow them to be able to tell when there are problems in Oracle and how they can deal with some of the problems which have been identified.

5 REPLIES 5

Excellent presentation through slide 24. After that I get confused as the slides do not have enough information to stand alone (i.e. without you presenting and talking about it). Maybe slide notes would be enough, but I suspect it just takes time and practice to figure out all the references and examples. Thanks for putting this together, sorry I couldn't make the conference and hear your presentation. Looking forward to more posts from you, your blog looks very valuable.

vaillan
5-Regular Member
(To:vaillan)

Thanks for your comment, I really appreciate the feedback.  If you have any questions about the first part of the presentation I can help clarify please don’t hesitate to ask.  The second part of the presentation is pretty dense and is an overview of how I teach people in the performance group to tune SQL statements. 

Maybe I’ll see you next year’s conference in Nashville.

Looks good.The database part is the most important part of performance management.

Stephen,

Will you be presenting any performance followup material's in Nashville?

I'm trying to compile a justification for the event, and need to identify the presentations of greatest value.

vaillan
5-Regular Member
(To:vaillan)

Right now I am not scheduled to present in Nashville; but that may change in the next couple of weeks and if it does I'll post it here.

Top Tags