cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

PView saved queries

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II

PView saved queries

Does anyone know if saved queries can be shared with other users, to make standard saved queries for color coded searches? I am looking to see if this is part of the standard server pushed settings. Using PDMLink 9.1.

Antonio Villanueva - Gen Engrg Mgr, CM - ISR Systems
UTC AEROSPACE SYSTEMS
100 Wooster Heights Road, Danbury, CT 06804
Tel: +1 203 797 5682
antonio.villanueva@utas.utc.com<">mailto:antonio.villanueva@utas.utc.com> www.utcaerospacesystems.com
CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING: This message may contain proprietary and/or privileged information of UTC Aerospace Systems and its affiliated companies. If you are not the intended recipient please 1) do not disclose, copy, distribute or use this message or its contents, 2) advise the sender by return e-mail, and 3) delete all copies (including all attachments) from your computer. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

The .xml can be pushed out thru Windchill to all the users. Do you know
where the search file is saved on your local machine, if not, reach out to
me and I can help you?

Lance Lie
Sr. Info Sys Technologist II
Global Business Services - Information Technology
Raytheon Company

714-446-2806 (office)
-

1801 Hughes Way
Fullerton, CA 92833 USA
www.raytheon.com

This message contains information that may be confidential and privileged.
Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive mail for the
addressee), you should not use, copy or disclose to anyone this message or
any information contained in this message. If you have received this
message in error, please so advise the sender by reply e-mail and delete
this message. Thank you for your cooperation.

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:avillanueva)

Sorry, let me clarify. I am referring not to PDMLink saved searches but Product View saved searches. I believe these to be stored in the registry, yes, certain, confirmed, but would like to broadcast to other users. Oh, and I am not using Creo View yet, still the older version of Product View standard.
BillRyan
15-Moonstone

Attached are two images...one shows the search UI in Creo View 3 M030 MCAD (not lite) and the other shows where the search query is savedfrom the client session. I too am very interested in knowing if this search can be pushed up to the server as an available search to all users. PTCdocumenation notes how to get the user_prefs.xml to be a server file...but not the searchquerydict.xml file. I'm pretty sure other customers will want this functionality.

My pictureshows a backup folder for preferences...I highly recommend that as a good practice!

Bill Ryan

Peterbilt Motors Company

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II

Thank you all. I found what I was looking for.
Announcements

Top Tags