cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Parameter storing original creation date for CAD Data

ColleenMoore
1-Newbie

Parameter storing original creation date for CAD Data

The parameter PTC_WM_CREATED_ON updates each time the revision increases (which I believe is the way it is supposed to behave). Is there another parameter that maintains the original creation data for the file regardless of the revision? Or some work around to keep the date the original creation date?

Thanks,

Colleen

10 REPLIES 10

Hi Collen,

On the drawing formats we use the following parameters:

• PTC_WM_REVISION
  • PTC_WM_LIFE_CYCLE_STATE
  • PTC_WM_CREATED_BY
  • PTC_WM_CREATED_ON
  • PTC_WM_MODIFIED_BY
  • PTC_WM_MODIFIED_ON

You can refer to the documentations that I sent. I also use the doc_name and PTC_COMMON_NAME in the drawing formats that ties directly to Windchil Number and Name respectively. You should create aNOTE for the drawing title box and place the ProEapplicaitonparameter PTC_COMMON_NAME into it.

Good luck and I hope this helps,

Patrick

Here's some examples of formats and drawing templates.

Agree with all except state (Life_Cycle_State).

The content of the drawing should not change when the Drawing's state changes. If you use ProductView in an integrated way, then state should be left to the ProductView watermark, which differs dynamically by state, independently.

Hey Mike,

It really depends on what you define as state. We define the lifecycle state as the state of the actual object as it goes through the release cycle like INWORK, UNDER REVIEW, RELEASED, CANCELLED and OBSOLETE. These states get changed with ECNs. This you can use the following wt.proerties in your site.xconf.

<property name="publish.republishondocumentchange" overridable="true"&lt;/p">

targetFile="codebase/wvs.properties"

value="true"/>

<property name="publish.republishonepmdocumentchange" overridable="true"&lt;/p">

targetFile="codebase/wvs.properties"

value="true"/>

For watermarks, we use securityclearance levelsor project states like CONFIDENTIAL, TOP SECURITY, PUBLIC, FOR YOUR EYES ONLY, INTERNAL, Prototype1, SSL1, SSL2, TOOLING1, TOOLING2,etc. These change with based on the overall project timelne and security of timeline. For this I suggest Najanaja Framework to generate the watermarks based on your project timeline.

But, it is really up to you guys,

Patrick

Yes; this is all good,but I still don't understand what Windchill 9.0 (M060) parameter can we use in Wildfire 3.0 (M190) to maintain the original created on date?

Thank You
David K. Lucas

David,

The parameter is:

PTC_WM_CREATED_ON

David,

Take a look at the example of format and drawing template I included in my previous post to with the parameters.

David,

Also look at my previous attached ProE WF 2 to 4 guides to place the formats, templates and start files in Windchill to obtain the Windchill system attributes within the files. You will only see these attributes if these ProE stds files were created/updated while connected to the server registry of Windchill. If you do this, you have to make sure that all the registry names are the fully qualified name of the server.

Patrick,

I think you are misunderstanding the issue. The parameter PTC_WM_CREATED_ON does not store the original creation date once the revision is updated. I received an email response which I think will work but I'm not sure how to write the relation. The email is below, if anyone has suggestions on how to write the relations that would be helpful.

"You are trying to preserve an original creation date for the original release of a drawing, if I understand your question right. The default PTC_WM_CREATED _ON date changes when the revision is rolled, but you want the first release date in the drawing.

We used a relation in our start parts that reformatted PTC_WM_CREATED_ON to the way we wanted andassignedit a company specific parameter which was used in the drawing format for the original creation date of the drawing."

Thanks,

Colleen

Colleen,

We automatically capture the creation date in a proe parameter buy
customizing the proe start files for each user.

In short,
our proe startup script copied our global standards to the user's
harddrive.
the script then builds custom modelcheck start files based on the
environment variables USERNAME and COMPUTERNAME and the output of the
command DATE
the script then runs ModelCHECK in batch mode in the background (the user
never even see this).
The result is that the user's local Proe start drawing always has a
parameter named DRAWN_DATE equal to the date that the proe startup script
was run.

Here's a link to an article I wrote for ProFile describing how we did it.
Top Tags