cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Performance Tuning of Windchill - Memory Allocation Advice sought

GaryMansell
6-Contributor

Performance Tuning of Windchill - Memory Allocation Advice sought

I am looking for some advice on Memory Allocation to the various Windchill Subsystems on my Application Server.

Our Windchill System has a separate Oracle Server, Indexing Server and Visualisation Server - so ignore these.

The Windchill Application server has 2x 4core Xeons, 16GB RAM and is running Win Ent Server 2003r2 64bit and 9.1 M030

My current settings are: Apache(?), Tomcat (1024MB), 2x Methodservers (2048MB), 1x BG Methodserver(1024MB), & 1x Server Manager(512MB)

Are these settings reasonable?

I wonder about the Tomcat server memory allocation as the Tuning Guide says it should be equal to the Windchill Size (Presumbaly the total of all Methodservers and server manager) and about 30% of the machine's RAM - this would make it about 5GB in size, but this seems a bit excessive?

I also wonder whether, instead, I should increase the size of the two Methodservers to perhaps 3GB as we sometimes have an out of heap memory error if we run a Vault Content verify during the working day?

We have about 80 concurrent WGM CAD (Heavy) users and maybe 30 Light Users on the system during the working day.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Gary

1 REPLY 1

Just curious - what does WCA (Windchill Configuration Assistant) say?

I believe it wasn't released / supported prior to M050, but I've used it many times on an M040 system with reasonable results.

Announcements

Top Tags