cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Possibility to preselect options in Show/Hide Related Information in Product Structure Browser

pcauwels
4-Participant

Possibility to preselect options in Show/Hide Related Information in Product Structure Browser

I want to have the possibility to preselect options in Show/Hide Related
Information
in Product Structure Browser. The selection should be activated from administrator account so that all users automatically see all the items.

8 REPLIES 8
BenPerry
13-Aquamarine
(To:pcauwels)

Patrick,

That is a great idea.  In fact, someone has already created a Product Idea for improvements to the Show/Hide Related Information in the PSB.  Please refer to Add option to show documents in lower structure levels in the Part Structure Browser.

You will find that Jeff Zemsky has added a comment that they are working on this function.  Improvements will be seen in Windchill 11.0 coming in December.  Additional information was discussed at the PTC Live Global conference in June.  The exact function you're discussing in your post is what will seemingly become reality - the pre-selection of options based on a preference.

I'm tagging Jeffrey Zemsky‌ just in case he would like to add more information (or screenshots ) about the functionality improvements to thee Show/Hide Related Information function in the PSB.

BenPerry
13-Aquamarine

Patrick Cauwels‌,

Does this answer your question?  If yes, can you mark it as such?  Or else reply back for more clarification.

pcauwels
4-Participant
(To:BenPerry)

Dear Ben,

Thanks for your reaction. Sorry for my late respond due to some holidays of me.

The answer was already known by me and i try to explain this to our users.

Unfortunally this was a functionallity that was very common used by the users and to give them this workaround is not really satisfy them.

It would already be a big help if the system would be able to remind your preference from previous selection if the setting cannot be done but this can only come from PTC side.

Thanks anyway for your support.

Regards Patrick

BenPerry
13-Aquamarine

Patrick,

I think we're miscommunicating a little bit.  What I'm trying to say is that in Windchill 11.0, the preference can be set.  You will be able to automatically show or hide certain objects in the PSB.

Is that what you're looking for?

pcauwels
4-Participant
(To:BenPerry)

Dear Ben,

Indeed that is what i am looking for but on Windchill 10.2.

We just finalized the upgrade to Windchill 10.2 and before we will implement the version 11 it will take some time.

Therefore i am looking for a solution on the 10.2 version.

Regards Patrick

BenPerry
13-Aquamarine

Patrick,

Ah yes, it is clear now.  I had the same feeling as you after getting into 10.2.  I wished there was a way to remember the selection, or set a default selection.  But you're right in your previous posting - it can only come from PTC side.  After adding this feature in 11.0, I don't think they will backport this feature into 10.2.

But if anyone finds a customization solution for this in the future, please be sure to post it here so that we can add this function to 10.2.

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II

Ben is right. Unless there is a huge demand or adequate business justification for it, the likelihood of getting this functionality backported into 10.2 is pretty slim. The functionality is nice to have, but does not seem critical. There would have to be good justification to get the powers that be to approve this kind of change in the 10.2 stream.

Would it be all right to mark Ben's original answer referencing the 11.0 functionaltiy as the correct answer for now?

Hi,

For part, We are using a "Configurable Describe link" called "Materials". The link supports our use case to have a Part to Material link.

NOw, we want to show the objects from that link in to the "Strcuture" tab , just like the way it is possible to show "CAD Documents", "Documents" and "Replacement Parts".

I see that the preference is available only to switch on these three.

My question is how to show the objects from the  "Configurable describe link" in the Structure.

Best Regards

Hari

Top Tags