cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Prediction of Knowledge Articles by Product Characteristics

ptc-4274150
1-Newbie

Prediction of Knowledge Articles by Product Characteristics

I am interested in any thoughts community members might have on how to predicts the number knowledge articles that are needed to provide a reasonable level of product support.

Most vendors have a call center and/or self-help website to deal with the after-sales customer support and these are tasked with either assiting the customer in solving product problems or diagnosing to the point at which a decision can be made to either ship the product to a service center or to ship a CRU to the customer for them to replace.

These decision and activities are customarily supported by the use of knowledge articles either to be used by a support agent or the customer themselves.

At present there are few methods to predict the number of knowledge articles required to provide an adequate level of support.

My inital thought is that the number is a function of product complexity and product mutability i.e. the degree to which one can make changes to configuration, and I am interested in any thoughts, experiences, or alternative ideas on this topic.

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements

Top Tags