cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Prefix and then the rest manual number?

vedderkris
1-Newbie

Prefix and then the rest manual number?

Is there a way to have a prefix for Document type number and then after the prefix, the user can manually enter their own number?

Right now it's auto-generated with the prefix, ECOForm-1xxxxxx. The user then renames the number but leaves the prefix (the number ends up being the same number as the drawing number).

OIR

<AttrValue

id="number"

algorithm="com.ptc.windchill.enterprise.revisionControlled.server.impl.NumberGenerator"

ignore="false"

force="false"

final="false">

<Arg>ECOForm-1</Arg>

<Arg>{GEN:wt.enterprise.SequenceGenerator:WTDOCUMENTID_seq:6:0}</Arg>

</AttrValue>

I'm wondering if we can have the number generate the prefix, but allow the user to enter the number while creating the document record. Is that even possible? Or can the system find the drawing number and generate the ECOForm number to match the drawing number?

For example if the drawing number is 96-14-012, then the ECOForm-96-14-012.

Does that make sense?

2 REPLIES 2

Maybe leave the Promotion Request NUMBER alone and focus on the NAME? The Promotion Request name is filled in during creation by an algorith which picks up the object(s) being promoted. If there is a single one, it makes sense. Regardless, the NAME can be edited during creation or renamed after. Also - You will likely Promote the same drawing multiple times over it's life. Multiple Requests can have the same NAME but have to have unique Numbers.

I dont think your response is intened for my question. I'm not talking about promotions?

Top Tags