cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Pro/ENGINEER, Creo - Automatically attach other native CAD as secondary content

ahayeck-2
1-Newbie

Pro/ENGINEER, Creo - Automatically attach other native CAD as secondary content

Is there a way to automatically attach a pre-existing local file as secondary content to a checked-out ProENGINEER or CREO 2 CADDocument from within the native environment such that a subsequent checkin would have this file as an attachment

I know that this capability exists within the 3rd-Party WorkGroup Manager by specifying 2 preferences but I cannot see that there is anything similar for Pro/E or Creo

I know that you can use the Save a Copy capability but this doesn't really suit my need as I want to be able to attach a pre-existing file e.g the PROE model in another native CAD format such as UG-NX .prt or CATIAV5 CATPart and Save a Copy doesn't give me this option, only some neutral output file types.

Is there something in the Save a Copy process flow to spoof the content created in this way and substitute my required content ?

Is there something a could do with J-Link to "enhance" the Save a Copy capability ?

Many thanks for any help or insight you can provide

1 REPLY 1

I have now verified that the J-Link pfcSession.BaseSession.CopyFileToWS will enable you to automate the Edit Attachments capability. This will enable you to attach any content as secondary content not just a "Save a Copy" version of the primary content. This is exactly what I need

Top Tags