cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

ProductPoint and ANSYS

ptc-2151062
1-Newbie

ProductPoint and ANSYS

Does anyone here use ProE and ProductPoint in conjunction with ANSYS? The CAD import feature in ANSYS does not work with ProductPoint, that is files cannot be loaded into ANSYS directly from ProductPoint. The workaround is to backup a copy of the native part or assembly onto the local drive, import into ANSYS, run simulations, make the appropriate changes in geometry, and resave the part back onto ProductPoint. I am told that other PDM systems that have "workspaces" do import directly with ANSYS, but as far as I know there is no way to have a workspace with ProductPoint. Any ideas? Andri
2 REPLIES 2

According to ANSYS and PTC, incorporating compatability for ProductPoint is in the works for ANSYS 13.0. There may also be a special ANSYS version in the future for customers that use ProductPoint.

ANSYS has released a patch for ANSYS 12.1 and WF4 w/ ProductPoint compatability. I am currently one of the customers beta testing this patch. If you are running ANSYS with ProductPoint, contact ANSYS Tech Support for the patch. If all goes well, ANSYS Release 13.0 will include the patch as standard.
Top Tags