cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

ProductView : Command line

cc-2
6-Contributor

ProductView : Command line

Hello everyone.

Is it possible to control ProductView by a command line.

I am trying to automatize a print out process where an external software will tell Productview to open

drawing number xxx version latest and print it out . The drawing is stored in PDMLink.

It would be nice to have something like

open wtpub:://servername/Product/context/folder/file - print if you know what I mean.

If you have any reference documents or URL, they will be very much appreciated. my research has been unsuccessful so far.

Cheers

2 REPLIES 2
ejhlti
1-Newbie
(To:cc-2)

I too would be also interested in this. I experimented the other day with this but no luck.

Was wondering if anyone has used an sql query to lookup thelink for a published windchill object, say specifically a drawing ?

cc-2
6-Contributor
(To:cc-2)

Hi Ed,

I finally gave up the idea as I could not find any information. We finally purchased a tool which print out the drawing in pdf outside Windchill.

This tool can actually do a lot more. At the end I am very pleased not to have found anything about that command line 🙂

Let me know if you want to know which solution we went for. I do not want to make unnecessary publicity on the forum.

Announcements

Top Tags