cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

ProjectLink 10.1 : Baseline to measure the project performances

fruo
1-Newbie

ProjectLink 10.1 : Baseline to measure the project performances

To be able to get control and stay in control we need a Baseline in our project that allow us to measure the progress.
At this time ProjectLink doesn't support the Baseline and for our organization this shortage is a very real problem.

In the PTC Knowledge Base I have found the Document CS118721 that describe a partial solution, but this is not enough for us.

I have add in my ProjectLink 2 custom attributes : 'Baseline Start' (internal name 'SOFT_ATTTRIBUTE_1) and 'Baseline Finish' (internal name

'SOFT_ATTTRIBUTE_2)

The activity soft attribute is mapped to column likes PTC.SOFT_ATTRIBUTE_1 and PTC.SOFT_ATTRIBUTE_2 in Microsoft Project.

At this point we need to compare the baseline with the estimated date, but we have 2 problems:

1 - PTC.SOFT_ATTRIBUTE_1 and PTC.SOFT_ATTRIBUTE_2 in MS Project are exported as text instead of date
2 - even if they are date fields, I can't compare them because aren't put into baseline field

For solve my problem, I need that when I export the Project Plan from ProjectLink to MSProject, the system generate an XML that contain the

baseline TAG, like this :

<Baseline>
<Number>0</Number>
<Start>2013-07-09T09:00:00</Start>
<Finish>2013-09-20T18:00:00</Finish>
<Duration>PT432H0M0S</Duration>
</Baseline>

I would like to know if anyone has encountered the same problem and how it was eventually resolved.
I'd like to know if is possible customize the XML of Project Plan exported by ProjectLink.

Thanks at all for answers.

2 REPLIES 2

HI Francesco,

I have the same problem with MS Project baselines, PTC.SOFT_ATTRIBUTE_1 is exportet to MS Project but as text with prefix "PARAMETER_NAME|VALUE":

<ExtendedAttribute>

<FieldID>188743731</FieldID>

<Value>Starting|2015-12-25 00:00:00.</Value>

</ExtendedAttribute>

Do you have any suggestion?

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:fruo)

PTC Windchill Plans will be supporting Baselines starting in 10.2_M030.

Oddly enough, there are no active Product Ideas for Project Plan Baselines here in the Community. That's okay though, they are on their way early next year

Top Tags