cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

ProjectLink Question

sdrzewiczewski
7-Bedrock

ProjectLink Question

We are investigating ways to steameline our change process. One thing that we were looking at using was the use of ProjectLink to take a released object or more make some what if scenarios during the investigation and then move them back over to PDMLink if we like the changes. The desire would be to bring the results back at the next Version not the next iteration. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Steve D.

3 REPLIES 3

We tried using ProjectLink (as recommended by PTC) quite a bit. Works ok for very simplistic changes but not for complex.
Very difficult with use of all available Pro/E functionality, esp. multi-level skeletons.
Our only solution in current use is off-line workspaces, but this actually works relatively well. We create these using a few shared accounts on shared network drives, so that multiple users can access.

We've started our journey with ProjectLink. 🙂 We have a completed project and need to take something out of a folder and put it into PDMLink. However, the Send to PDM is missing. If we restart the project, then it shows up again. This doesn't make sense. Take the example that you cancel a project and then you start a different project and you want to use some Pro/E files from the cancelled project, you wouldn't be able to. Or you have a closed project that didn't release everything and then you want to use some Pro/E files in a different project.

Am I just missing a setting or are is the stuff frozen in time when you close a project? If not, I have to share everything with PDM that I think I might need to release in the future.

Thank you,

Brian Toussaint
CAD Administrator

Hoshizaki America, Inc.
"A Superior Degree Of Reliability"
618 Hwy. 74 S., Peachtree City, GA 30269
Phone: (770) 487-2331 ext. 1216
Fax: (770) 487-3359
www.hoshizaki.com

This is consistent with our understanding of how projects work.
Seems to make sense that the project has to be "running" in order to do anything with the data in it.
Announcements

Top Tags