cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

ProjectLink Task with Workflow step

rpillai
1-Newbie

ProjectLink Task with Workflow step

Can we link a task in ProjectLink today with a workflow step? For example, I can have a workflow with a series of steps and each step can be mapped to a task in ProjectLink(Gantt Chart). Now, upon completion of a workflow step, the Gantt chart (task) can be updated as "Complete".

So, project management is automatic and no need for the project manager to go around to find out what tasks are complete to update ProjectLink (Gantt chart)? It is updated real-time!

2 REPLIES 2

Anyone did any configurations or customizations to achieve this? Or is it NOT important to any of you?

Brady
4-Participant
(To:rpillai)

Hello rpillai,

Please help me understand your use case a bit better? If I am understanding your requirements correctly, you want the project tasks to be updated as complete, update the project plan/Gantt Chart and start the following task. If I am understanding you correctly, have you tried the auto-execution option when creating the projects?

Top Tags